I’ve been making this guacamole recipe for over 10 years and it gets devoured very quickly at any get together. I have little kids so I never add any peppers, but you can add either jalepeno or serrano chiles if you want to give it a kick.
2 large avocados that yield to light pressure
Juice from 1/3 orange wedge
Juice from 1/4 lime wedge
1 Tablespoon finely chopped red onion
2 cloves of garlic finely minced
1 Teaspoon cilantro finely minced
2-3 Tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes (remove seeds)
pinch of salt to taste
1. Scoop avocado out of shells into a bowl
2. Use a spoon to gently break up the avocado into small pieces (don’t smash it up)
3. Add the red onion, garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro. Gently mix well.
4. Add the juice from the orange and lime wedges.
5. Add salt to taste – I don’t add very much because I love the taste of the avocado and chips already have salt on them.